- SARS-CoV-2 detection
- rRT-PCR and rRT-qPCR of the virus from different matrices. This includes evaluation of clinical specimens (for research purposes), high-touch environmental surfaces and environmental samples (e.g. air, water).
- SARS-CoV-2 isolation from various environmental and animal samples and full-genome sequencing using an Illumina MiSeq platform from samples that contain high levels of the virus, or by Sanger Sequencing for virus that is present at low levels.
Examples of samples we can analyze for SARS-CoV-2:
- Human specimens (for research purposes only; not for diagnostics)
- Companion animal specimens
- Wildlife samples
- Water samples (including wastewater)
- Air samples in liquid collection media or collected on filters
- Custom samples
Influenza Virus A, B, C, and D Tests:
- RT-PCR or rRT-PCR detection of human seasonal Influenza A H1N1 and H3N2 and Influenza B Victoria and Yamagata viruses in human specimens or environmental samples
- Isolation of influenza A, B, C, and D viruses in cell cultures and in embryonated chicken eggs
- Sequence analyses of human seasonal influenza A and B viruses
- Sequence analyses of influenza C and D viruses
- Isolation and/or RT-PCR detection and sequencing of G4 H1N1 and other emerging influenza viruses
- Isolation and/or identification of “untypable” influenza viruses
Unknown Virus Discovery
- Identification of unknown viruses from a variety of samples using cell culture and sequencing approaches.