Please note: If you are interested in applying to the Global Health Certificate or the One Health Certificate, please visit those pages for more information on how to apply.
|PhD applicants||mhs applicants||mph applicants|
|Fall Term: December 1||Fall Term: July 1st||Priority Deadline: March 1st|
|––||Spring Term: October 15th||Final Deadline: June 1st|
Online Program Tuition Waiver Policy
The online Master of Health Science in One Health program is a self-funded program and traditionally does not accept UF EEP, UF Teaching Assistantships, or State Tuition Waivers. The online program reserves the right to allow EEP and waiver use on a case-by-case basis, depending on space. Please contact Victoria Houghton at email@example.com for more information.
Step 1: Apply to SOPHAS
- Complete the SOPHAS online application and pay the non-refundable application fee. (Please note: the fee will vary according to the number of school designations selected)
- Arrange to have one set of official transcripts from each institution attended sent to SOPHAS (the address is listed below)
- All international applicants must submit a World Education Services (WES) evaluation, http://wes.org in lieu of official transcripts
- Arrange to have three Letters of Recommendation submitted. At least two must exhibit research acumen.
- Submit a one-page professional Statement of Purpose Tthat should outline your career objectives and detail how you believe those the philosophy and focus of the program you have selected will help you achieve these goals. If applying to the PhD program, you should also indicate your research interests and faculty you are interested in working with. The statement of purpose should not be used to repeat information that is already available on your CV unless it helps to explain why you think our program is a fit for you. The statement should be no longer than one page, single spaced, 11 point font, 1 inch margins.
- Submit a Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Provide a Quantitative Experiences Statement that should summarize the skills you have obtained during your preparation for your selected graduate degree that will enable you to succeed in our program. This should not be a list, but a narrative that describes your previous training and experience and how you can apply your skills to your graduate program. Experiences can include, but are not limited to, specific coursework, research experience, previous work experience, and other additional trainings. The statement should be no longer than one page, single spaced, 11 point font, 1 inch margins..
- International Students Only: Arrange to have official TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores submitted.
|SOPHAS Mailing Address||SOPHAS Overnight Address|
P.O. Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Step 2: Connect with EGH
Once you have completed your SOPHAS application, please notify the Department of Environmental and Global Health administrative staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. While your SOPHAS application is being evaluated by the program, you will need to also complete the University of Florida’s Graduate School application found here. You will be asked to send official transcripts, providing TOEFL/IELTS Scores, as well as paying a small application fee to the UF Graduate School.
Step 3: Start Our Program
If your application is chosen to move forward with our admissions process, you will be contacted by the department with the next steps. Thank you!
To aid you in the application process, please download or print these application checklists: