|PhD Applicants||MHS Applicants||MPH Applicants|
|Fall Term: December 1||Fall Term: July 1st||Priority Deadline: March 1st|
|Spring Term: October 15th||Final Deadline: June 1st|
8 – 12 months prior to the deadline
- Research and compare our programs and concentrations to find the best fit for you. If you would like more information about our degree programs, fill out this form.
- Take a look at our faculty list and research areas to see what research projects align with your own interests and goals, and which faculty members you can connect with. If you are a PhD applicant, identifying a primary faculty mentor that is willing to support your studies may increase your chances of being accepted.
- Review our admission requirements to ensure that you will meet the applicant criteria. Determine whether you need to take the TOEFL for your application.
- If you are planning to utilize a tuition waiver for our MHS program, please contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4 – 6 months prior to the deadline
- Take the TOEFL. Have your test scores sent to the University of Florida at code 5812. It may take up to 6-8 weeks for official scores to be received by the University. Retake the TOEFL if necessary.
3 months prior to the deadline
- Request your three Letters of Recommendation. At least two letters must exhibit research acumen. Remember, it is best to give your recommenders sufficient time to make sure that letters are submitted before the deadline.
2 months prior to the deadline
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to SOPHAS and to the University of Florida Graduate Admissions Office.
- Begin your online application. Remember, the application is a two-step process requiring students to first submit an application through SOPHAS and then through the University of Florida Graduate Admissions Office.
- Once you have completed your application, please contact the department at email@example.com with your name and the degree program for which you applied to confirm that your complete application was received.
1 month prior to the deadline
- Ensure that all application materials including transcripts, TOEFL scores, and recommendation letters have been received and request any items that may be missing.
After your application has been completed
- If your application is chosen to move forward with our admissions process, you will be contacted by the department with the next steps.