Our alumni make an impact on the world.
Learn more about some of our Environmental and Global Health alumni and how their graduate degrees helped them achieve their career goals.
Ben graduated from our program in 2016 and is now an Assistant Professor at Duke Kushan University.
Zach graduated from the MPH program in 2013 and now works in Waste Water Management at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Michael graduated from the MHS program in 2018 while working as a full-time physician assistant.
Haley graduated from the MHS program in 2017 and is now pursuing her PhD.
Current positions held by EGH graduates:
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Fellow, Environmental Protection Agency
- Assistant Professor, Duke Kushan University
- Assistant Professor, George Mason University, Department of Global and Community Health
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Rutgers Environmental Toxicology Training Program
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Duke University, Global Health Institute
- Postdoctoral Associate, Johns Hopkins University
- Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Fellow, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Fellow, Science and Technology Policy, NASA
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Science Policy Fellow, Gulf Research Program
- Florida Department of Health Emerging Infectious Disease (EID) Fellow
- Senior Scientist, Brammer Bio
- Postdoctoral Associate, National Health and Environmental Effects Research (NHEERL), EPA
- Risk Assessor, University of Florida, Center for Environmental and Human Toxicology
- Head of bacteriology and NAMRU2 safety representative, U.S. Navy
- Epidemiologist, National Center for Communicable Diseases, Mongolia
- Medical Biotechnologist, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences Research Unit, Nepal
- Surveillance and Data Management Consultant, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Quality Management System Supervisor, National Institute of Public Health (NIPH), Cambodia
- Public Health Specialist-Avian Influenza, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Lab Coordinator, World Health Organization
- Scientist, South Florida Water Management District
- Environmental Scientist, Earth Systems Inc.
- Health Scientist I, Cardno ChemRisk
- Research Scientist I (Study Director) in Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology at Charles River Laboratories