If you meet the criteria listed below, learn how to apply.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) will be waived for applicants seeking admission for Fall 2021*
- International applicants: English proficiency examination. For a list of countries exempt from this requirement, please visit here.
*Note: The UF Graduate School COVID-19 Temporary Emergency Admission Exam Waiver memo can be found here.
All international applicants must submit a World Education Services (WES) evaluation, http://wes.org in lieu of official transcripts.
International applicants must provide proof of English proficiency in addition to the requirements above. To meet this, applicants may submit one of the following:
- Minimum TOEFL scores of 550 paper‐based, 213 computer‐based, or 80 Internet‐based
- Minimum IELTS score of 6
- Minimum MELAB score of 77
International students whose native language is English or who have attended a college or university in the United States for at least one year are not required to submit TOEFL scores but must have acceptable scores on the General Test section of the GRE. For a list of countries whose citizens are exempt from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) requirement that most non‐US applicants must meet, go to the Graduate School English Language Testing Exemptions.
Academic units may, at their discretion, conditionally admit non-U.S. applicants who do not yet have admission exam scores and IELTS, MELAB or TOEFL scores because they need to improve their English fluency before enrolling. These applicants apply through the regular application process and submit all application materials except the admission exam and English testing scores. If the academic unit accepts them, it issues an acceptance letter stating that before enrolling as graduate students, they must first complete the UF English Language Institute (ELI) program and submit satisfactory GRE/GMAT scores before their first semester; if they do not successfully exit the UF ELI program, they must also submit satisfactory IELTS, MELAB or TOEFL scores. The department must send a copy of this conditional admission letter to UF ELI so they can handle all visa, immigration and ELI enrollment procedures for these applicants.