How To Apply: Applying for MHS or PhD Programs
Click to download a PhD application Checklist
Click to download a Masters application Checklist
1. Apply to Graduate School at the University of Florida
Complete the online application here: http://admissions.ufl.edu/apply/graduate/
A $30 US application fee is required from ALL students applying to a graduate program.
Note: When completing the online application, when prompted to select ‘College/School’, select ‘MHS’ or ‘PhD’ from the dropdown menu and type in ‘One Health’ or ‘Environmental and Global Health’ for your concentration.
2. Send Your Documents to Graduate School at the University of Florida
a. APPLICATION: Complete the University of Florida Application for Graduate Admissions online and pay the non-refundable application fee. You may pay online by credit card or send the application fee and other required materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions (the address is listed below). Please note that the application fee is required from all students applying to a graduate program including current and former University of Florida students.
b. TRANSCRIPTS: Arrange to have OFFICIAL transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than University of Florida)
c. TEST SCORES: Arrange to have OFFICIAL GRE test scores sent directly to University of Florida. (taken within the last 5 years) The University of Florida code is 5812. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the official scores to arrive.
d. TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB scores: Arrange to have official scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions (taken within the last 2 years, International students only).
e. RECOMMENDATION LETTERS: Arrange to have 3 Letters of Recommendation submitted directly to graduate school.Please have your recommendations submitted on letterhead, as well as requesting completion of the form located at: http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/files/recommendation.pdf. (You may also have your references e-mail me directly their letters at email@example.com)
f. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Submit your professional Statement of Purpose outlining objectives that match the philosophy and focus of the program.
g. CV: Submit Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Official documents (Transcripts, test scores) must be sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611
3. Apply to the Department of Environmental and Global Health
Include the following documents in your application packet to the department:
a. Three letters of reference that attest to your accomplishments and management potential, written within the last year. (do not complete online letter of recommendation or send in to the Graduate School) May be emailed, but directly from recommenders.
b. Current CV.
c. Statement of Purpose (1‐2 page explanation of your career goals and why you wish to earn the PhD degree at the University of Florida)
NOTE: Although a formal interview is not required at this time, applicants are encouraged to visit the department prior to, or during the application process.
- Either send your documents to:
Attn: Selection Committee
Department of Environmental and Global Health
University of Florida
1225 Center Dr., Rm. 4160
PO Box 100188
Gainesville, FL 32610
- Email your documents to the program coordinator. If emailing your documents, please be sure to include them all in one email and do not send items in one at a time. Also note that letters of reference may be emailed, but must be sent directly from the recommender and not the student.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the program that you are applying and determine what, if any, other documents may be required. Please specify that whether you are applying to the MHS or PhD programs and your concentration.