When to Apply
Notification timelines will appear here when they announced:
January 15th: First Priority deadline for PhD Applicants who are also applying for funding: Ph.D. applications received after 1/15 but before 02/28 will be reviewed based on the availability of space and funding.
October 15th: Spring Application deadline for MHS: One Health.
July 1st: Fall Application deadline for MHS One Health
8 – 12 months prior to deadline
- Research and compare our programs and concentrations to find the best fit for you. Reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions you might have about program details or the application process. Take a look at our faculty list to see which of them share your research interests.
- Review our Program Requirements
- Determine whether you need to take the GRE and/or TOEFL for your application and use this time to study and take practice tests.
4 – 6 months prior to the deadline
- Take the GRE and/or TOEFL. Have your test scores sent to the University of Florida at code 5812. It may take up to 6-8 weeks for official scores to be received by the University. Retake the GRE and/or TOEFL if necessary. Our minimum GRE score for PhD students is a 300, however higher scores are more competitive – especially for students for whom funding is needed.
- 3 months prior to the deadline
- Request your three letters of recommendation. It is best to give your recommenders sufficient time to make sure that letters are submitted before the deadline.
2 months prior to the deadline
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to the University of Florida Graduate Admissions Office.
- Begin your online application at http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/apply/graduate/
- After you have submitted your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the degree program for which you applied so that we confirm that your application was received and notify you of any additional materials needed to complete your application.
1 month prior to the deadline
- Ensure that all application materials including transcripts, GRE scores, and recommendation letters have been received and request any items that may be missing.
After your application has been completed
- You will receive an invitation to our annual Student Visit Day. We encourage prospective students to attend this event which will allow you to meet our faculty, staff, and your fellow students. If you are unable to join us on Student Visit Day, we encourage you to make an appointment to visit on an alternate date.
- If we received your application by January 15th, you will be notified of our decision by February 15th. Applicants will receive notification both by email and by formal letter.
- Once you have received your letter, you will need to sign and date the letter and return it to our department in order for your acceptance status to be confirmed.