How to Apply
We’re excited that you are ready to apply to the Department of Environmental and Global Health at the University of Florida! Carefully review the steps below before submitting your application. These instructions pertain to our two PhD programs and our Masters of Health Science (One Health) program. If you are looking for instructions for how to apply for the Masters of Public Health (Environmental Health) program, click here.
- Submit the University of Florida Online Application for Graduate Admission found at http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/start.html and pay the $30 non-refundable application fee. When completing your application, under College/School, select Public Health and Health Professions (PHHP). Under Program/Major, select either PhD in One Health, PhD in Environmental Health, or Masters in Environmental and Global Health (write in “One Health” for a concentration).
- Once you have submitted your online application, email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the department and specify which program and concentration you are applying for.
- Arrange to have official GRE test scores sent directly to the University of Florida. The University of Florida code is 5812. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the official scores to arrive.
- International Students Only: Arrange to have official TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions
- Arrange to have official transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than the University of Florida) sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
201 Criser Hall,
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32602
The following materials may be uploaded in the application portal or emailed to the department directly at email@example.com
- Arrange to have 3 Letters of Recommendation submitted directly by your recommenders, either through the link you will receive through the application portal, or by having them email our department.
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Submit your professional Statement of Purpose outlining objectives that match the philosophy and focus of the program.
PhD Applicants please include the following in your statement of Purpose:
- 1) Your background, experience, and any other inspirations that make our programs of interest to you.
- 2) Since an advisor match is part of the admission process, please provide your thoughts on which faculty member(s) might best support your program, if admitted.
- 3) How a degree in Environmental and Global Health will support your career goals and aspirations.
- NOTE: Although a formal interview is not required at this time, applicants are encouraged to visit the department prior to, or during the application process.
We look forward to receiving your application, do not hesitate to call 352-273-9188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for further information.